Tuesday 25 March 2014

wild at heart

 Crochet poncho - a long wrap stitched together with a neckline added - like this idea!
when I stumbled the other day over this pin at Pinterest and got all excited by the idea to knit up all my carefully collected yarn scraps.
Seriously, I never thought that there is a way to match the awful colour and texture mix of them.
But from my experience in scrap patching, I know, the wilder the better!!!
So I just got started last Friday evening and by the time it was past midnight I was already half up the way...
as I looked at the job at day light the following morning, I was stunned by effect.



I am working with a circular 100cm wooden 7mm needle and use what ever I have in the scrap basket,
merino, mohair ( doubling the yarn), Aran tweed ( my favoured) and pure new wool, a lot of the wool I
brought down to Spain nearly 20 years ago!!

Like I don't know yet, if this is going do be a poncho or a wrap, I casted about 180cm length of stitches.
Working in rows of Knit and Purl stitches as it pleases me, and if sometimes I just get confused in the middle of a row -doesn't matter...

So this is an other WORK IN PROGRESS !! and so much fun...

Hasta luego
Silvana

No comments:

Post a Comment