Friday 28 March 2014

scrapping the scraps

Doing Patchwork and creative sewing for about 15 years, creates boxes and bags of scraps!!!
And like I am a real recycle, up cycle and upgrade junky
I hoard them like treasures, going through them to reorganise and categorise, than starting to mix them up again to see which ones are working together...
...always creating a mayor mess around my workspace, but just feeling happy 
discovering another snippet of a long ago used up fabric.
But know I found the ideal way to give a lot of my fabric scraps a chance for glorious show up.
Years ago I got from my German cousin a bale of white cotton, lots and lots of meters...
great to count on for my project:

I cut the cotton in 4 to 6.5cm wide stripes


grap what ever comes of my scrap box and cut the fabric bits roughly equal



than I sew them in an garland to a cotton stripe, cut them with scissors and sew the opposite side to another white cotton stripe

now I match them with similar wide fabric bits to a longer patched stripe,
white cotton stripe on either side and on and on it goes...

There is only one rule to this work:
No concession in matching colours!!!
everything counts...and if it gets a bit crooked, the livelier and better....


Hope you have a nice weekend ahead.
I will go for some material shopping in Barcelona tomorrow....

Talk to you soon
Silvana


No comments:

Post a Comment