Sunday 30 March 2014

Shopping in Barcelona

Yesterday I had to do quite a big shopping tour in Barcelona for the students in my workshops.
First of all I went to Nunoya for some kimono prints Maria uses for a colourful and elegant
log cabin quilt and I passed some time in the shop, cause they had got some new KOKKA fabrics...
dangerously beautiful!!!



After that I needed I little coffee and sandwitch break at one of my favoured places for that, just around the corner from Nunoya.
"La Granja" with it's old roman wall in the back, good background music, very good coffee and a good sized sandwitch for just 4euros.





Then I went on the hunt for one of these Diane von Fürstenberg wrap dress pattern...
.. and got hold of this one


it says "easy" and might be just the right to start, like I haven´t sewn a proper dress for ages.

All excited next stop was to get the material for it. So I went straight to one of the most stunning
fabric stores I know : Ribas i Casals - I have been to this from the very beginning living in Spain and it's incredible what you get there.
Yesterday the crowd was buzzing in there, seems that everybody wants to do the spring collection.
I got some really smooth material for two wrap dresses and some other fabrics.. the offers are just to
good..



Last stop was a real Patchwork shop, which I visit frequently more for it's good selection of fabrics
than for the friendly attendance... got what I needed and than back out of the city.

By the time I was at home and completely exausted, I thought it's really great to live so close to a great shopping city like Barcelona...but just close..

 ...today I started with the wrap dress!!!

Silvana


No comments:

Post a Comment