Tuesday 29 January 2013

Blackboard Nostalgia

When my kids asked me about my time in primary school,
I liked to explain to them, that we had no copy books in
the first years to learn and practice writing and mats.
Instead of these, we used a small blackboard, a kind of
framed natural slate- if your parents were old fashioned-
or a fancier plastic version, with a small sponche tied on it
and a slate pencil to write. That all our efforts were wipped out
after each lesson, and no evidence of our beginnings remained.
I beleave it was the perfect tablet to deal with the huge task,
and sometimes I would like to have some for my little daughter,
when she tears out a page from her copy book in frustration.
....my slate tablet was smashed on the head of my
best primary school friend, and my father decided, for the security
of my class mates, to buy me a plastic one....



doing the blackboard writing again!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment